In partnership with the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department, Sacramento Police Department, Rancho Cordova Police Department, and Sacramento County Probation Department, the District Attorney’s Office invites high school students to apply for the Youth Academy program. Students who are selected actively learn about the criminal justice system, hear from our criminal justice partners, and engage in open communication between law enforcement and themselves concerning issues that affect youth today.
Deadline to Apply: September 16, 2016
Read more and download application.
- Race as a Factor in the Criminal Justice System
- Law Enforcement Use of Force
- Anatomy of a Criminal Case
- Marijuana & the Law
- Laboratory of Forensic Science
- Crime Scene Investigation (CSI)
- Gun Violence & Gangs
- Dating Violence & Stalking
- Human Trafficking
- Distracted Driving
Classes will be held twice a month in the evenings from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. at THREE locations, learn more.